Archive for the ‘Flash’ Category
Client: Adio Footwear
Work: Flash ActionScript 3.0, SWFAddress, SEO, Ruby on Rails, REST
Description: With SWFAddress at its core this full flash site manages state like a typical html web site. One of the most interesting patterns in this project is the management of multiple tiers of state and loaded assets. The admin was built with Ruby on Rails, deployed with Capistrano and, served by a cluster of 4 Mongrels.
Results: In this graph we can see an immediate 25% decrease in the bounce rate. The orange line shows the bounce rate is know skewed due to an increase of traffic at the site launch. The blue line shows the drop in the user bounce rate. I attribute this improvement to the sites navigation improvements. Visually the navigation is broken up into two consistent visual elements giving the user a familiar tool. Functionally this site improves the user experience by showing state in the address bar and having working forward/back buttons.
This graph compares the average time on site "Orange" improved by 2 minutes and bounce rate decreasing by 25%.
- Mark Occurrences. Highlight/SidebarMarkers
- Find Next/Previous
- Apple + Option + Up/Down Arrow Duplicate line
- Apple + D Delete current lines.
- Apple + Shift + R Open Resource like TextMate's find in project.
- Apple + K Go to next occurrence
- Apple + Shift + K Go to previous occurrence
- Use Flash Components in Flex ActionScript Project.
Directions from the ActionScript 3.0 Cookbook or see Colin Moock's post